Sunday, April 16, 2017

Post Teaching Reflection 2nd Lesson

Christina Granillo

Geometry is Out of This World!

Phase II of the Blog reflection is due within a week the implementation of each lesson. The reflection should be based on your experiences as well as feedback from your classmates.

  1. Instructional Decisions/Teaching (InTask Standard # 9): Discuss the implementation process and describe
    • What went well and what didn't go well during the implementation of your lesson?
  • I believe the students really liked the independent time of creating their solar system online. They had autonomy to figure out Inspiration as well as find facts that were relevant to them. I believe they also enjoyed the interactive physical learning with Orion Says to review the vocabulary terms.
    • How well was the alignment to objectives and standards maintained?
  • It was maintained throughout with both the math and science standards. I think it went well connecting the two subjects to be cross-categorical.
    • Describe any modifications made during the implementation of the lesson
  • I modified my lesson by not including the centers due to time constraints. I explained it to my peers so they could use the ideas for their future students, but for our half hour teaching time, I only did the whole group lesson, which is what I expected.

  1. Mechanics:
    • What technologies did I use (for the teacher and the learner)?
  • Smart board to present the PowerPoint, Youtube video, online research for solar system, Inspiration diagram creation.
    • How were the technologies used (by whom and in what manner)?
  • Smartboard: teacher to instruct and express expectations
  • Youtube video: teacher used to show geometry vocabulary unit and images of constellations
  • Inspiration diagram: students used to demonstrate their knowledge of their research in our solar system
    • My lesson was within the correct time frame
      • The lesson was within the correct time frame because I kept an eye on the clock to see how I was doing on time. I did not implement the full lesson plan along with centers because of time.

  1. Assessment of Learning (InTask Standard # 6): Refer to Assessing Student Learning
    • Include at least 2 digital artifacts that demonstrate what you or your students (peers) have created as a result of your lesson

ss 1.png





ssss.png
    • Describe your students' level of success in achieving the standards and objectives for your lesson based on your assessment
  • The students were successful and creative in their Solar System creations. The class discussion was directed towards the connecting both math and science and I facilitated a conversation for them to come up with their ideas of how the subjects connected, rather than just lecturing why we were doing both geometry and science.
    • Describe the level of success you had in teaching the lesson
      • How do your individual reflections support this?
  • I believe my lesson was very hands on and supported multiple means of engagement as well as different subjects. I thought it went well and was successful but there are definitely areas of improvements I can work on.
      • How do the comments from your classmates support this?
  • My classmates gave me feedback including practice public speaking, which I know is something I want to improve on. They also gave me feedback for allowing more time to research and find facts, which I would adapt in future lessons. Over all, the feedback was more positive than my first lesson, so I am happy I am improving.
  1. What did you learn from designing and teaching this lesson and how will you use this in the creation of future lessons/learning activities.
  • I really enjoyed this lesson and it was a great way to learn different ways to incorporate technology. I got great advice from Dr. Blocher to create assessment through technology rather than just giving an exit ticket. I am happy I am finding ways to connect multiple subjects so students are more intrinsically motivated and engaged in their learning. I want to continue finding many ways to use technology through apps, sites, programs, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment