Friday, March 24, 2017

Post Teaching Reflection- World War 2 & Great Depression

Christina Granillo

World War 2 & Great Depression

Phase II of the Blog reflection is due within a week the implementation of each lesson. The reflection should be based on your experiences as well as feedback from your classmates.

  1. Instructional Decisions/Teaching (InTask Standard # 9): Discuss the implementation process and describe
    • What went well and what didn't go well during the implementation of your lesson?
  • I believe the students really liked the Kahoot quiz because it was a fun interactive way to assess my students. I think the propaganda activity was a great way for the students to show their creativity and they said they enjoyed it the most. However, the time was an issue and I think one of the students felt a bit rushed finishing his poster because he wanted more time to make it more elaborate. I also think the students were rushed due to time to explain the assessment part of the lesson at the end.
    • How well was the alignment to objectives and standards maintained?
  • It was maintained for the most part, but due to time, the assessment writing prompt became a conversation.
    • Describe any modifications made during the implementation of the lesson
  • The assessment writing reflection became verbal conversation because of time. I also modified time for a gallery walk for the students to share their posters and describe the theme it reflected. I would add this to my lesson in my future classroom because it allows time for students to share their creations and take ownership for their products.

  1. Mechanics:
    • What technologies did I use (for the teacher and the learner)?
  • Smart board to present the PowerPoint, Youtube video, Kahoot pre assessment, google doc creation.
    • How were the technologies used (by whom and in what manner)?
  • Smartboard: teacher to instruct and express expectations
  • Youtube video: teacher used to show over all idea of WW2 and Great Depression
  • Kahoot quiz: students used to pre assess their knowledge
  • Google docs creation: students used to demonstrate their knowledge of the theme
    • My lesson was within the correct time frame
      • The lesson was within the correct time frame because I kept an eye on the clock to see how I was doing on time. I did not implement the full writing assessment and adapted the idea to class discussion so I wouldn’t go over time

  1. Assessment of Learning (InTask Standard # 6): Refer to Assessing Student Learning
    • Include at least 2 digital artifacts that demonstrate what you or your students (peers) have created as a result of your lesson
student 3.jpgstudent 2.jpg
    • Describe your students' level of success in achieving the standards and objectives for your lesson based on your assessment
  • The students were successful and creative in their propaganda creations. The class discussion was directed towards the standards and objectives, yet we didn’t have time to do a formal written reflection.
    • Describe the level of success you had in teaching the lesson
      • How do your individual reflections support this?
  • I believe my lesson was very hands on and supported multiple means of engagement as well as different subjects. I thought it went well and was successful but there are definitely areas of improvements I can work on.
      • How do the comments from your classmates support this?
  • My classmates gave me feedback including practice public speaking which I was a bit nervous in the beginning of the lesson. I also got advice to change the youtube video because it was hard to her and stay engaged.
  1. What did you learn from designing and teaching this lesson and how will you use this in the creation of future lessons/learning activities.
I really enjoyed this lesson and it was a great way to learn different ways to incorporate technology. It was challenging at times, yet it helped me grow as a future teacher. I enjoyed getting feedback on how to improve and I liked seeing my classmates lessons and how they teach through technology. I would try to keep learning more about teaching with technology to make my lessons/activities in the future very engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment